Please include your resume in the email.
DESIGN ASSISTANT NEEDED
We are looking for an organized, driven, autonomous self-starter to join our Design Team. This is a 25-hour per week position. The ideal candidate is dependable, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, is highly collaborative and is passionate about design. The Design Assistant will report to the Senior Designer and will be responsible for assisting Senior Designer in all aspects of the design process. We are looking for a dedicated candidate who wants to learn and grow as a project manager and designer.
Our project management process is rooted in our philosophy of listening and collaboration. Engaging clients in a fluid dialogue so we can respond to their unique vision, needs, and goals is our top priority.
We do not believe in a signature style, esthetic or market. We are interested in creating design that fits with the space’s history, surroundings, lifestyle, and the proposed requirements. We value the combination of attributes that make one place distinct from another. We strive to maintain the natural and cultural environments in order to create a unique identity for each project that is cohesive and evocative.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Managing the calendar for the team
• Managing daily and weekly tasks for the team
• Maintaining a client database and prospect database
• Planning thoughtful communication to remain connected to clients on significant holidays/milestones
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Social Media Director to create a consistent brand outreach
• Identifying target events to attend in NYC that provide a networking opportunity, exposure or new ideas
• Prioritize and respond to email
• Act as liaison between the Senior Designer and contractors
• Coordinate all incoming samples
• Creative research including color and market research
• Finding best suppliers and compare options
• Manage the project list of work, prices, deliverables, due dates
• Coordinating with contractors
• Construction site visits
• Managing and coordinating the deliveries calendar
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US:
• We are passionate about people, art and design.
• We are fun and love life and enjoy every moment.
• We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity for variable compensation based on positive contribution to the firm’s success
• We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
• We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members have the potential to receive equity in the business
• We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
• We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement (or x number of SoulCycle classes per month)
WHAT WE’LL LOVE ABOUT YOU:
• You’re a team player who is willing and happy to help
• You are passionate about design and want to learn and grow
• You’re positive
• You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
• You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• You’re fun, interesting and totally passionate about art and design.
• Immeasurable attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Word and Excel)
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Preferred current student or graduate with design degree
• Preferred internship/entry level experience in design support
• Must love dogs
TO APPLY: Send an email & resume to email@example.com